Sunday, January 15, 2012

Daily dose of writing

I came across my Tumblr page from a year ago and I am amazed at how things had changed... I will try to spare at least thirty minutes a day to write about whatever.

I was on my own the whole time since I came to the States two and a half years ago. Homesick was horrible. No matter how strong you are, the feeling of missing your loved ones will flow in every single veins of yours. Sometimes I wonder why I left my family to be here and endure with all the things, but life is not just simply about asking questions and expecting someone to answer them. I have my goals and I am happy about everything I do. It's what matters.

My younger sister just moved here and stayed with me some months ago. I have been always telling her how much I miss her, and every time she replies, "But I'm already here. How come you still miss me?" I guess my definition of missing is different from hers. I think missing brings the mental connotation. I miss doing the things that we used to do when we were young. I miss the innocent childhood. I miss the dinner time with family. The missing carries the feeling I have with those special people; it's not when they are physically being here or not. Both of us are working and going to school, and I hate to see my sister bearing with all the things which are not for a girl her age. I hate seeing her stressing out about money for school and living. I hate seeing her having to take public transportation for two hours to school. I hate it when we seem to let money take over our lives. It just hurts me too much... But those obstacles we are going through will make us stronger and more appreciative. Only one more year and a half until I graduate... As soon as I start working and making money, I swear I won't let my little sister endure with these things any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment