Monday, July 9, 2012

On writing...



I have to admit that I like writing. A lot. I don't know what has happened to me. When I was young, I could write whatever I want just in a flash. Now, I just stare at my laptop screen for hours and all I can think of is some sentences. Sometimes, I want to write something beautiful and sophisticating, yet I end up scribble something a kindergarten kid can come up with. Sigh. So, to figure out what is wrong with my wild child's imagination, I had an assembly with my brain. Well, it was a frustrating meeting with her...

Me: Okay brain, I have an idea. My life is fantastic! Let's write something to show my appreciation to everyone who makes it better. Something nice and philosophically...uhm...some life lessons...You know? Make it beautiful! Make it sparkle! So everyone knows I can write?
Brain: Hmm okay...How about "I love banana?"
Me: No, no, no, not about food! Well, if you don't want to write about philosophy, let's write about my loved ones, okay? About my beautiful childhood? What shapes me into who I am today? How about that? Those sound spectacular, don't them?
Brain: Ohh, I get it! I fart rainbow!
Me: Are you kidding me, brain? Can you just work with me once? Fine, I go to bed. Bed sounds better than you. Zz Zz Zz....Hmm so comfortable...
Brain: Hey, wake up, lazy butt! The world is waiting for you out there! The birds are chirping over the rainbow and they want you to depict the beauty of the nature. Get your butt off the bed and start writing! Life is fantastic and you cannot waste it by sleeping, idiot! I can see sparkling fairy flying. I can see flowers flowing. I can see stars twinkling. Come on!
Me: Oh gosh...Why?
So...that is the story why I have not had any decent posts on my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment